ABOUT THIS CONTENTBasic notes from core MBA marketing course
- Interactive system
- Uses advertising media to effect
- measurable response
- Highly targeted & efficient exchanges
- Database marketing is critical
- Most recent development
- Channel reached by PC & modem
- electronic storefronts
- web pages
- forums, news groups
- advertising online, e-mail
Issues of Concern
- Deception & fraud
- Invasion of privacy
Marketing on the Internet
- Who’s doing it?
- Whose customers are active?
- Whose are not interested?
- New tools / enhanced Web sites?
- Business in cyberspace?
Cluster Analysis of Information Users
- High Brow Information Achievers
- Information Strivers
- Learn & Play Families
- Mainstream Consumers
- Information Laggards
- Low Brows
- Interactive as a channel
- Role of demographics
- Match target audience with user profile
- Know extent to which target audience can interact
- Allows for more message, but …
- Must be fun, relevant, useful- avoid information dumps
- Invite interaction
- Build meeting places, not libraries
- Avoid short-term view of ROI