ABOUT THIS CONTENT12 tips for being more persuasive.
- Only way to get best of an argument is to avoid it. Arguments are not beneficial.
- Show respect for another person’s opinion.
- If you’re wrong, admit it quickly and emphatically.
- Begin in a friendly way.
- Get the other person to say “yes” right away.
- Let the other person do a great deal of talking.
- Let other person feel as though the idea is his or hers.
- Try honestly to see things from the other person’s point of view.
- Appeal to nobler motives of the other person.
- Dramatize your ideas.
- Be sympathetic to others’ ideas.
- Throw down a challenge.