ABOUT THIS CONTENT
Some base case analysis tips from my OB professor at UT Austin, Marc-David Seidel
: Marc-David Seidel, professor of Organizational Behavior
: Case Work
- Does the paper contain analysis/evaluation (or merely a restatement of facts presented in the case?)
- Does the evaluation identify all the major problems and opportunities facing the company/protagonist?
- Does the evaluation exhibit an understanding of the appropriate strategic management concepts/issues?
- Does the overall evaluation provide a good basis for making recommendations?
- Are specific recommendations provided on all critical issues?
- Is a good attempt made to substantiate the recommendations?
- Is the substantiation persuasive?
- Are the factors most critical to the success of the recommendations identified?
- Will the recommended actions insure long-term success?
- Do the exhibits support the text?
- Is the paper logically consistent throughout?
- Is the paper clear and concise, proofread and connected, and professionally presented?