Corporate Finance Spreadsheets
Description: These spreadsheets are most useful if you are interested in conventional corporate financial analysis. It includes spreadsheets to analyze a project's cash flows and viability, a company's risk profile, its optimal capital structure and debt type, and whether it is paying out what it can afford to in dividends.
• capbudg.xls - This program allows you to do a basic capital budgeting analysis for a project, and compute NPV, IRR and ROI.
• risk.xls - This program allows you to use past returns on a stock and a market index to analyze its price performance (Jensen's Alpha), its sensitivity to market movements (Beta) and the proportion of its risk that can be attributed to the market.
• levbeta.xls - This program allows you to enter the current beta, tax rate and the debt equity ratio for your stock, and obtain a table of betas at different debt ratios.
• ratings.xls - This program allows you to estimate a rating and a cost of debt for your company from the firm's interest coverage ratio.
• capstru.xls - This program allows you to estimate an "Optimal" Capital structure for a company using the cost of capital approach.
• capstruo.xls - This is a variant that allows you to estimate an "Optimal" capital structure for a company whose operating income might vary with its debt rating - for instance, financial service firms.
• macrodur.xls - This program allows you to estimate the duration of a firm's assets and its sensitivity to other macro economic variables. It may be useful in the design of debt.
• dividends.xls - This program compares the dividends paid to what a firm could have paid, by estimating the free cash flow to equity (the cash flow left over after net debt payments, net capital expenditures and working capital investments.
• dcfval.xls - This program computes the value of equity in a firm using a two-stage dividend discount and FCFE model. (For more extensive choices on valuation, look at the programs under the valuation section below.)
Source: Damodaran Online
Source URL: http://www.stern.nyu.edu/~adamodar/
Please login to view this content. Use the form above or click here
You're Missing Out
Full access to this content is restricted to premium account subsribers.
Much of the MBA Boost content is freely available, but to view this and other selected content you must purchase the full package. Want to know more about what you will get? View the full table of contents or view the product information and benefits